Try this easy Thanksgiving punch recipe for the holidays. Fruity, delicious and non-alcoholic, this mocktail can be made in less than 10 minutes, making hosting a breeze.
Made with fresh fruit, pear juice or nectar, apple cider, lemon juice and your choice of alcohol-free sparkling wine or ginger ale, this holiday punch is perfect for a crowd. Better yet, it can be made in advance and kept in the fridge until you're ready to serve.
Why This recipe works
Just like my easy non-alcoholic Christmas punch, this recipe is made with easily accessible ingredients and can be thrown together in minutes.
- Quick to make: it's no secret that punch is one of the best drinks for Thanksgiving. Cut the fruit, grab a pitcher, pour in the ingredients and you've got a delicious sip for your guests.
- Cost effective: a batch punch mocktail is far cheaper than shaking up individual drinks...although if you do feel that way inclined, I beg you to try my simple pomegranate mocktails. You will not be disappointed. My 1 minute Christmas mocktails are ideal if you're looking for something easier.
- For both adults and kids: Looking for the best mocktails for kids? Punch is always a winner! Just be sure not to use the alcohol-free sparkling wine if you're making this for kids - stick to the ginger ale instead.
- Oh so delicious: Put simply - this non alcoholic Thanksgiving punch is delicious. You must try it!
- Pear nectar (or pear juice): pear nectar is my first choice, but you can opt for pear juice if you wish. I prefer the nectar because it is slightly sweeter and thicker, and often more flavorsome. But I know it can be difficult to get sometimes, so a good quality pear juice works just as well.
- Apple cider: could there be a better combination than pear and apple? I don't think so!
- Lemon juice: to balance the sweetness of the pear and apple, I used some lemon juice for some acidity. I always prefer fresh but I know fresh produce can be expensive, so use bottled if you wish. Tip: make sure it's 100% lemon juice with no added sugar...this non-alcoholic Thanksgiving punch is sweet enough!
- Ginger ale or alcohol-free sparkling wine: the choice is yours! The ginger ale pairs perfectly with the pear and apple, while the sparkling wine gives a slightly more adult feel. Both are great choices.
- Fresh fruit: I used sliced pear, apple and orange plus some frozen cranberries. You can also use a little rosemary to garnish. Thyme would work too!
- Ground cinnamon (optional): if using the ginger ale, you can add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the punch, or throw a couple of cinnamon sticks in with the fruit. It adds some lovely spice and makes it feel more like a Fall mocktail.
How to make Non Alcoholic Thanksgiving Punch
Step 1 : add the fruit to a large pitcher or punch bowl.
Step 2: pour in the apple cider.
Step 3: add the pear nectar/juice and lemon juice.
Step 4: add the ginger ale or sparkling wine. Pour gently - you don't want to disturb those lovely bubbles too much! Stir gently.
Step 5: add some ice and fruit to your glasses. Pour in the punch.
Step 6: garnish with optional rosemary - I find adding a touch of green makes it a little more festive!
- I love using frozen cranberries for this recipe. The cold will help keep your punch chilled and they are often cheaper than fresh cranberries!
- Thanksgiving is a busy time, so to prepare your punch in advance, add all the ingredients except the ginger ale/sparkling wine to the pitcher and leave in the fridge. Right before you're ready to serve, add the sparkling beverage of your choice.
- Create a punch station in your home with extra fruit, ice and glassware and leave your guests to serve themselves.
Looking for more easy Fall or Thanksgiving batch mocktails for a crowd? Try these!
I hope you love this easy non alcoholic Thanksgiving punch as much as I do! Cheers to you.
Non Alcoholic Thanksgiving Punch
- 1 cup pear juice or pear nectar (see note 1)
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best but bottled also works)
- 2 cups ginger ale or non-alcoholic sparkling wine (see note 2)
- 2 cups sliced fruit of your choice (I used a mix of orange, blood orange, apple and pear)
- ½ cup cranberries (optional)
- Rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Add your sliced fruit to a pitcher or punch bowl. Don't add the cranberries yet.
- Pour in the pear juice/nectar, apple cider and lemon juice. Stir gently. If you're making this recipe in advance, stop here and place the pitcher in the fridge until you're ready to serve.
- When you're ready to serve, add the ginger ale or non alcoholic sparkling wine. Stir gently, then add the cranberries.
- Fill your glasses with ice. You can add some extra fresh fruit to your glass if you like. Pour in the punch and garnish with optional rosemary. Serve!
NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND DO NOT INCLUDE CARBS FROM SUGAR ALCOHOLS.