This virgin Piña colada tastes divine and is so easy to make. With only 3 ingredients, this non alcoholic drink can be made for 1 or in a large batch for guests.
It's time for a simple, 3 ingredient piña colada mocktail recipe. This is delicious and so easy to make at home.
This mocktail recipe is:
- Easy: these virgin Piña coladas are as easy as blend and serve, with no ingredient prepping at all!
- Practical: using 3, easy to find ingredients, this mocktail can be made by virtually anyone, anywhere.
- Fast: this recipe is perfect if you are wanting to create a gorgeous mocktail quickly, and ideal if you have unexpected guests.
- Perfect for all ages: this recipe is a hit with the adults, but I've also added it to my mocktails for kids list. I received a big thumbs up all round when I made this at home for my boys.
- Plenty of variations: can't find an ingredient or don't like one for whatever reason? There are plenty of optional ingredients listed below.
- A classic: who doesn't love a non alcoholic twist on a classic drink? If you love classic mocktails, try my:
Mimosa Mocktails: 2 ingredients and it's ready to serve!
Moscow Mule Mocktails: full of ginger goodness, my virgin Moscow mules are one of my most popular recipes.
Margarita Mocktails: with a frozen or chilled option, they are just delicious.
There is something about the combination of pineapple and coconut that cannot be beaten. It screams tropical summer holidays to me. When I sip on this drink I can almost feel the sand between my toes and the sunshine on my skin. My watermelon mocktails are also perfect for summer!
What is a Piña colada mocktail?
The classic version is a combination of cream of coconut and coconut milk, pineapple juice and rum. The recipe was first made in Puerto Rico in 1952. It's often associated with tropical beach holidays and sunshine. Garnished with a pineapple wedge or cherries, this sweet drink has summer written all over it.
For the mocktails, I omitted the rum, and instead used frozen pineapple chunks. The frozen pineapple makes this drink perfect for a hot summers day. There are some fabulous non-alcoholic rums you can use if you want to make the drink a little more adult.
Virgin Piña colada ingredients
Frozen pineapple chunks: I used 100% natural, no added sugar pineapple chunks. They were easy to find in the frozen section in my local supermarket. You could also slice fresh pineapple into chunks and freeze.
Pineapple juice: any pineapple juice will work for this recipe. Choose from organic, freshly squeezed or bottled, it's completely up to you.
Coconut cream: I used an organic coconut cream for this mocktail recipe. Coconut cream is a creamy and thick and perfect for this frozen drink. I don't recommend replacing with coconut milk, as milk just doesn't have the same level of creaminess. If preferred, you can replace it with condensed milk.
Lime juice: I didn't use lime in my recipe, but have tried it before and it adds a nice little kick. Feel free to add a tablespoon of lime juice if you like.
Condensed milk: not a fan of coconut cream? Condensed milk is a lovely alternative. I find the pineapple brings enough sweetness to this mocktail, so unsweetened condensed milk would be my choice. If you are a sweet tooth - give the sweetened condenses milk a try.
Coconut water: if you don't like the idea of using juice, replace it with coconut water for a healthier alternative.
Ice-cream: for a special treat, try these non alcoholic cocktails with some ice cream on top, or throw some in the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
Equipment you'll need
You won't need much to create this delicious mocktail at home!
Blender: a good blender is essential to blend the pineapple chunks well. No one likes chunks of pineapple in their drink!
Piña colada glassware: it's not absolutely essential, but it IS fun to serve these drinks in cocktail type glasses if you have them. Although lets face it - they tastes delicious in any glass!
How to make them
This method could not be easier!
Place pineapple chunks, pineapple juice and coconut cream into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass and garnish with a pineapple wedge and/or cherries.
I hope you enjoy this Piña colada mocktail as much as I loved creating it!!
Piña Colada Mocktail With 3 Ingredients
- 1 cup Frozen pineapple chunks
- ⅓ cup Coconut cream
- ½ cup Pineapple juice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with a pineapple wedge and serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND DO NOT INCLUDE CARBS FROM SUGAR ALCOHOLS.