An easy virgin cosmopolitan recipe, A perfect drink for Christmas or special occasions. A gorgeous, delicious mocktail for pregnancy and non-drinkers.
Are you looking for an easy Christmas mocktail to serve your pregnant or non-drinking guests? This virgin cosmopolitan ticks all the boxes!
- It’s easy – throw the ingredients in a cocktail shaker or mason jar
- It’s low sugar – just make sure to use a reduced sugar cranberry juice!
- It looks great – the red in this virgin cosmo makes it a perfect Christmas mocktail
- It tastes great – so great you won’t even miss the alcohol. AND you get to wake up fresh the next day. Yes please!
With a combination of cranberry, lime and orange juice, this easy mocktail also gives you a good dose of your daily Vitamin C requirements.
how to create THE lime & sugar RIM
At first I used plain sugar to rim the glass, which looks great and is still very festive. But I had the lime peel sitting there from the lime juice, so I thought – why waste it?
Make sure you use a fine grater to remove the zest. You don’t want the lime pieces too chunky. TIP: zest the lime before you juice it – its much easier!
Grate the zest onto a shallow saucer that is big enough to fit the glass. Then add a little sugar to it. You want the ratio to be 1 part lime zest to 2 parts sugar. Mix it together with your fingers. You’ll notice a beautiful lime scent as the oils are released from the skin.
Using a small piece of lime, moisten the outside of the glass. Its up to you how thick you want your rim to be but I find a thin rim works well (and is also best if you are watching your sugar consumption). Make sure to rim the outside of the glass only, or you’ll end up with sugar and lime floaties in your virgin cosmo!
Once the rim is moistened, gently place the glass upside down on the saucer. You might need to turn it on its side a little as you work your way around. If you don’t get it right the first time, just wash it off and try again.
I hope you enjoy this Virgin Cosmopolitan as much as I loved creating it!
Virgin Cosmopolitan Mocktail
- 90 ml Reduced Sugar Cranberry Juice
- 30 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 60 ml sparkling water
- 30 ml orange juice
- Place cranberry juice, lime and soda in a cocktail shaker or similar (a mason jar works great!). Add plenty of ice and shake gently. See Notes.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- Add a splash of orange juice and serve
- Use a low sugar cranberry juice for a healthier alternative.
- Shake gently, just enough to combine. The fizz in the soda water can make the cocktail shaker lid fly off if you shake too vigorously!
NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND DO NOT INCLUDE CARBS FROM SUGAR ALCOHOLS.