This easy cherry mojito mocktail is perfect for Christmas and the holidays. Made with fresh cherries, lime and mint, it’s easy and healthy. Perfect for kids, pregnancy and sobriety.
Enjoy this cherry mocktail for the festive season – or any season!
Christmas is getting closer and cherries have been in the stores for some time now. I feel very lucky that my favourite time of the year also coincides with one of my favourite fruits.
Bursting with goodness, these little red power houses are antioxidant rich. They are also a great source of fibre, vitamins and minerals.
Of course it goes without saying that the gorgeous red and green colours make this an ideal Christmas mocktail for the festive season. Add a piece of holly or Christmas garnish, and you’ve got the perfect holiday drink.
Speaking of festive drink recipes, be sure to check out some of my other non-alcoholic Christmas cocktails:
Cherry Mocktail Ingredients
Sweet cherries: cherries are the star of this mocktail. Chop them up before adding them to glass. When you muddle, the idea is to not completely pulverise it, but get them small enough to fit through a straw! Only have frozen? You can use those too!
Lime: I always, ALWAYS recommend fresh lime juice wherever possible. It tastes so much better and is healthier for you too.
Mint: Again, fresh mint is best if you really want this drink to stand out.
Sparkling water: any sparkling water will do. If you want to add a bit of extra flavour, try sugar free lemonade or kombucha.
HOW TO MAKE cherry mocktails
This mixed drink is super easy. Simply:
- Place chopped cherries and lime in a glass. Add a little sweetener if you are a sweet tooth. Using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, muddle together. The idea is to get it small enough to fit though a straw.
- Clap the mint leaves together in your hands to release the scent. Add to the glass and press gently a couple of times.
- Add ice and stop with your choice of sparkling drink.
- Garnish with lime wheels and extra cherries
- Garnish: there are so many choices for this cherry mocktail recipe! Leave your garnish fairly simple and opt for a few cherries and a sprig of mint. Add a lime wheel or some mint ice blocks. If you wanted to make it a little fancier, try some holly or anything else festive.
- Choose your sparkling beverage: I love cherries so enjoy plain sparkling water in this. If you want to get a little more adventurous, try non alcohol sparkling wine! It goes perfectly with the cherry flavoured drink and makes the drink a little more ‘adult’ too. For a healthier option, use your favourite kombucha!
- Straws: I love festive coloured straws in gold, green or red. Keeping in mind the cherry pieces in this mocktail, you may want to opt for wider straws if you have them. Otherwise, I like serving these with a little spoon so you can scoop out the goodness afterwards!
I hope you enjoy making this cherry mocktail as much as I loved creating it!
If you make it I’d love to hear from you.
Cherry Mojito Mocktail
- 5 Cherries roughly chopped
- 1 Lime quartered
- 6-8 Mint leaves
- 1 cup Sparkling water
- Sweetener of your choice to taste, optional (see notes)
- Place chopped cherries and lime in a glass. Add a little sweetener if using. Muddle together for about 1 minute. If you don't have a muddle, use the back end of a wooden spoon. The idea is to get it small enough to fit though a straw.
- Clap mint together in your hand to release the scent and add to the glass. Press gently with a muddler a few times.
- Add ice and top with your choice of sparkling drink.
- Garnish with lime wheels, mint and/or extra cherries
NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND DO NOT INCLUDE CARBS FROM SUGAR ALCOHOLS.