This HEALTHY, easy VIRGIN MOJITO MOCKTAIL RECIPE IS SIMPLE TO MAKE. IT'S A PERFECT NON ALCOHOLIC COCKTAIL THAT CAN BE MADE FOR ONE OR FOR A CROWD IN A PITCHER.
Looking for a simple virgin mojito mocktail recipe?
This recipe is easy to make at home for the whole family to enjoy.
This non-alcoholic cocktail is:
- Easy- with minimal ingredients and no bartending skills required, this refreshing drink is simple and cheap to make.
- Low in calories- by using a sugar free sweetener and club soda, you can create low calorie mocktails at home.
- Easily adapted- need a mocktail recipe for a crowd? Simply increase these quantities and make it in a pitcher.
What is a virgin mojito?
This refreshing mojito drink is typically made during the warmer weather and served in a high ball glass with ice. Classic mojitos are made with rum, sugar or simple syrup, fresh lime juice, soda water and fresh mint.
The glass is then garnished with more mint and lime wedges.
My non alcoholic version omits the rum and uses healthier sugar alternatives. Having said that, there are some brilliant non-alcoholic rum coming to market, so if you can find one that you love, I've included recommended quantities below.
If you love mojitos, don't forget to check out these recipes too:
Equipment you'll need
Glasses: high ball glasses are typically used for virgin mojito mocktails, but if you don't have them no stress! With the gorgeous combination of the mint, lime and ice, these drinks look great in any glass.
A muddler: if you have a normal muddler thats perfect. If not, I find the back end of a wooden spoon works perfectly. There are some notes on muddling below.
Pitcher or jug: if you want to make this for a crowd, just increase the quantities and muddle inside a jug. You can even ‘pre-muddle’ the lime, mint and sweetener, then pop it in the fridge. Then just top it with ice and sparkling water when your guests arrive.
Mojito mocktail ingredients
Lime: fresh limes are best if you can afford and have access to them. If you can't, there are so many amazing bottled lime juices out there now, so opt for those if that suits you better!
Fresh mint: mint is a must in this mocktail recipe! Don't shred or chop it, the muddling releases it's lovely flavours perfectly.
Sweetener of choice: I used monk fruit sweetener in this virgin mojito recipe, which is a low carb sugar replacement.
You could also use Stevia, coconut sugar, honey, or any sweetener of your choice. If you like tangy flavours, you might omit the sweetener altogether.
Soda water: use your sparkling water of choice. If you're unable to get fresh limes, another option is to use limeade or a citrus sparkling water for some extra flavour.
Ice: I love crushed ice in this recipe, but regular ice cubes are fine too!
Alcohol free rum: again, this is an optional ingredient, but if you find one you love definitely pop it in!
Virgin Mojito variations
Instead of soda water, you could also use ginger ale, kombucha, or any other sparkling drink of your choice.
Jalapeños: want to give your mocktails a little kick? Try some jalapeños muddled with the lime - it's divine!
Enjoy these delicious, easy virgin mojitos!
Easy Virgin Mojito Mocktail
- 1 lime quartered
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice see notes
- sparkling water
- 30 mls non alcoholic rum optional
- Place lime and sweetener in a glass.
- Muddle for about 1 minute to release the juice from the lime.
- Clap the mint in your hands a few times to release the scent. Place it in the glass and press gently with the muddler 2-3 times.
- Add non alcoholic rum (if using).
- Top with sparkling water and ice. Stir.
- Garnish with slices of lime or some extra mint and serve.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND DO NOT INCLUDE CARBS FROM SUGAR ALCOHOLS.