This non alcoholic Christmas punch recipe is the perfect holiday drink. It can be made in a big batch for a Christmas party or for 1.
If you're hunting for an easy, delicious non alcoholic Christmas punch, you've found it. Planning a holiday event can be busy enough without having the additional task of preparing and serving drinks, so why not whip this up in advance and your guests can serve themselves!
This is one of my favourite recipes in my Christmas mocktail series!
The holiday season is officially in full swing, and everyone is looking for something festive to drink. This punch is ideal, and because it's alcohol free it's the perfect drink for kids, pregnant mamas, or anyone not drinking alcohol.
What is Christmas punch?
This bubbly drink recipe is an easy way to make your holiday drinks exciting. It has a mixture of high quality juices, sparkling apple juice or cider, ginger ale and fresh fruits of your choice. I've also made some suggestions below on alternative ingredients you can use, especially if you prefer lower sugar or a more 'adult' drink.
Punch is traditionally served in a large punch bowl with a ladle so your guests can serve themsleves. I like to chop some extra fruit to garnish and leave it on plates nearby.
Served in glasses of your choice and garnished with your preferred fruit, this punch adds the perfect amount of festivity to your holiday party. Plus, it's perfect to offer to your guests who are pregnant, don't drink, or the kids! I like to serve it with orange slices pomegranate seeds cranberries and cherries.
Equipment you'll need
- A punch bowl. You can choose a festive colour like the gold one pictured, or stick to a traditional clear bowl. Either works well!
- A ladle. I like to choose one big enough to scoop up the fresh cranberries and orange slices.
- Glasses or plastic cups. I am a huge fan of high quality glassware, and love to serve all of my mocktails recipes in proper glasses. But if you're making this punch for kids you might consider using plastic or paper cups instead.
- Straws: I love having red or green striped straws on hand for this holiday punch recipe.
Christmas punch ingredients
- Cranberry juice - I like using low sugar juice but this really is personal preference.
- Orange juice - Freshly squeezed juice works well and adds to the nutritional content of the punch. If you are making a larger batch, bottled juice will be more economical.
- Pineapple juice - Choose any brand you wish!
- Sparkling apple cider or juice - Again this is personal preference. I use a sparkling apple juice called Appletiser and it's divine.
- Ginger ale - The ginger adds a lovely kick and some extra bubbles to the punch. I'm a huge fan of bubbles! I always use low or reduced sugar. Club soda is a great replacement if you don't have ginger ale or are looking for a low sugar alternative.
- Fresh fruit - The sky is the limit! I personally love cherries, pomegranate seeds and orange slices. Cranberries also work well and add a little festivity. I found some frozen cherries which worked two-fold - they looked delicious and acted as little ice blocks to keep the drink cool.
- Ice - I find larger ice cubes work really well and keep the punch nice and cold. If you don't have a large ice cube tray, regular size ice is fine.
How to make FESTIVE punch
One of the reasons I love punch is that is it SO easy.
Simply place all ingredients in a punch bowl, give it a little stir, then add the fruit and ice. You're done!
Tips: If make this in advance leave the sparkling ingredients out and add at the last minute so you don't lose any of that lovely fizz. Leave the ice out until you are almost ready to serve so it doesn't melt and dilute your delicious punch.
Punch is so versatile and you can really have fun and experiment with the ingredients.
I plan to create more variations in the future, but in the meantime you can experiment with:
Club soda: Traditional club soda gives the punch recipe a lovely fizz without the additional calories. It's a win win!
Pomegranate juice: If you've seen my non-alcoholic mulled wine you'll know I'm a huge fan of organic pomegranate juice. The deep red colour also adds some gorgeous festivity to this holiday drink.
Lemonade: A super obvious way to sweeten the punch. I try to avoid lots of sugar, but there are some fantastic sugar free lemonades out there now.
Apple juice: If you're not a fan of the sparkling version, regular apple juice works well too. I always suggest organic where possible.
Alcohol free sparkling wine: Another perfect way to add bubbles to your punch! The wine also adds a lovely 'adult' feel to this recipe.
Alcohol free red wine: A sparkling or still non alcoholic red can add a beautiful flavour and colour to your punch. Get creative!
I hope you enjoy this non alcoholic Christmas punch as much as I loved creating it!
Merry Christmas, happy Holidays, and enjoy!
Non Alcoholic Christmas Punch
- 2 cups Low sugar cranberry juice
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 1 cup Pineapple juice
- 2 cups Sparkling apple juice or cider *see notes for low sugar option
- 1 cup Ginger ale
- Orange slices, cranberries, pomegranate seeds and/or cherries for garnish
- Mix cranberry, orange and pineapple juice in a punch bowl or large jug.
- Add sparkling apple juice/cider and ginger ale and mix gently.
- When you're ready to serve, add ice and fruit of your choice to garnish.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND DO NOT INCLUDE CARBS FROM SUGAR ALCOHOLS.