Are you looking for an easy chocolate mocktail for Easter? This 3 ingredient non-alcoholic cocktail recipe with condensed milk is simple to make and divine to drink.
It’s that time of the year again – chocolate mocktail time! While many turn to hot chocolate, I couldn’t resist creating a decadent non-alcoholic cocktail for the occasion. With an optional chocolate covered rim, this recipe is a perfect dessert drink for Easter!
Those of you who know me well, will know by now I love easy mocktails. Well, it doesn’t get much easier than this!
This mocktail recipe is:
Fast: What could be better than a quick blend and serve drink recipe? You can whip up this chocolate mocktail in less than 5 minutes.
Insta-worthy: The chocolatey colour of this drink is divine enough, but you can make it even more appealing with your choice of garnish. The choice is yours, but I love chocolate flakes on top and an Easter egg on the side.
Delicious: Who would have thought that just 3 ingredients could taste so good?! When I initially tested this recipe I must admit I was skeptical. But my eyes lit up once I tasted just how good it was. It’s quite similar to my non-alcoholic espresso martini in that it uses condensed milk to create a delicious creamy drink.
Easy: there are no bartending skills required for this recipe – simply blend and serve!
Great for kids: my kids LOVED this recipe, so definitely add it to your mocktails for kids list. They’ll appreciate the Easter egg garnish too I’m sure.
Adaptable: making mocktails for a crowd? Just increase the servings below and make a big batch!
Chocolate Mocktail Ingredients
You only need 3 ingredients to create this delicious chocolate mocktail at home. I’ve also listed some variations if case you wanted to step it up a notch, but it’s absolutely delicious on it’s own!
- Milk of your choice: I used regular cows milk in this recipe, but any type of milk would work.
- Cocoa powder: I used the supermarket brand cocoa.
- Condensed milk: sweetened condensed works best in this recipe. If you wanted to use unsweetened condensed milk you might need to add a couple of drops of Stevia for sweetness.
- Optional: melted chocolate for rim. I used milk chocolate buttons for cooking. If you don’t want to go to the trouble of melting chocolate, you could dip the rim in the cocoa, or some chocolate syrup.
To make this an extra special treat, top it off with some whipped cream. It is divine!
A few drops of vanilla essence also work really well. If you are avoiding alcohol, be mindful of the ABV of vanilla essence (usually a minimum of 35%).
Are you a coffee lover? A shot of espresso is amazing in this! It really adds another level and given that it’s alcohol free, it’s a perfect coffee drink for Easter morning. If you’re a lover of all things coffee and creamy, check out my simple Virgin Baileys recipe.
How to make chocolate mocktails for Easter
The chocolate rim is optional but highly recommended. It just adds a little something and issue easy to do.
To make the chocolate rim:
Melt a small amount of your choice of chocolate in the microwave on a shallow plate. It only needs to be heated until just warm and melted. Give it a gentle stir.
Dip the rim of the glasses into the chocolate and place in the freezer until you’re ready to serve. It will only need about 10 minutes in the freezer if you have a small rim like mine. If you’ve created a thicker rim, leave it a little longer.
Tip: you can do this the day before if you prefer.
Then, combine milk, condensed milk and cocoa in a blender and blend until combined. Serve immediately and garnish with chocolate flakes and chocolate egg (optional).
This recipe is perfect for Easter or as a Valentines Day mocktail – just skip the egg garnish! It would also look beautiful garnished with a fresh strawberry, or served with chocolate dipped fruit.
I hope you enjoy making this delicious chocolate mocktail recipe for Easter!
Chocolate Mocktail For Easter
For the chocolate rim (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp melting chocolate of your choice
For the chocolate mocktail
- 125 mls milk of your choice
- 30 mls sweetened condensed milk
- .5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp flaked chocolate for garnish optional
- 1 Easter egg for garnish optional
For the chocolate rim
- Microwave chocolate until melted (about 30-60 seconds)
- Dip the rim of the glass into the chocolate. Don't worry if it's not even – it all tastes the same!
- Place in freezer until ready to serve.
For the mocktail
- Blend all ingredients together until combined.
- Pour into glass and garnish with chocolate flakes and Easter egg (optional).
NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND DO NOT INCLUDE CARBS FROM SUGAR ALCOHOLS.