CAN A MOCKTAIL BE HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS? YES IT CAN! THIS AVOCADO MOCKTAIL IS CREAMY, DECADENT AND GOOD FOR YOU. PERFECT FOR PREGNANCY, KIDS AND NON-DRINKERS.
The words ‘healthy’ and ‘mocktail’ don’t usually go together, but this avocado mocktail ticks both boxes. With a smoothie twist on a traditional non-alcoholic cocktail, you’ll be bouncing out of bed the next morning with this delicious recipe.
I’ve had so many requests for green mocktails with St Patricks Day coming up. Plus i’m always asked for recipes without all the artificial sugar.
This mocktail recipe is:
Easy: throw everything in a blender and serve, it’s THAT simple.
Fast: with no muddling or shaking required, this mocktail can be served in 5 minutes.
Healthy: no artificial sugar and highly nutritious fruits make up this avocado smoothie.
Avocado mocktail ingredients
- Avocado: I always prefer using fresh avocado, but if frozen is all you have access to, that works fine too! I’d recommend letting it thaw before using.
- Kiwi fruit: a lovely ripe kiwifruit will do just fine for your avocado mocktail.
- Coconut water: you can use a flavoured or regular coconut water, and any brand will work well. Just be sure to check the label to make sure there is no added sugar.
- Mint leaves: my mint grow like a weed all year round, which is why I make so many mint mocktails!
- Lime juice: I love using fresh lime where possible, but there are some great bottled versions out there too, so use whatever you have access to.
- Kiwi berries to garnish (optional): I was lucky that kiwi berries were in season when I created this mocktail, but their window of availability is very small. You could use full-sized kiwis pressed to the inside of the glass like in my kiwi mocktail, or go without the garnish.
How to make this healthy mocktail
In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Garnish with your choice of mint and fruit.
I hope you enjoy this healthy avocado mocktail as much as I loved creating it.
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1/2 kiwi fruit
- 185 mls coconut water
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish and serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND DO NOT INCLUDE CARBS FROM SUGAR ALCOHOLS.