- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250 ml boiling water
- 2 cups sparkling water
To make the lavender syrup (see note 1).
Place the lavender, sweetener, and water in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
Turn to very low, so the water is just steaming. Leave until the colour has faded out of the lavender (about 7-8 minutes). Strain and leave to cool.
Add 2 tbsp lavender syrup and 2 tbsp lemon juice to a glass.
Top with sparkling water.
Add ice and garnish.
- Note on sweetener: I used Stevia for this, but monk fruit sweetener would also work well. Honey can be used, but it will change the colour of the drink and you might lose the purple colour.
- Note on infusing: for the ease of making this video I infused in a bowl, but you will get a much better result infusing in a saucepan. The water cools quite quickly in the bowl which means not all the flavour and colour is removed from the lavender. Simply add the above ingredients to a small saucepan and simmer on very low for about 10 minutes, or until the colour is removed from the lavender.
- Note on fresh lavender: this will also work using fresh lavender, but you will need to double the quantity. Make sure whatever you use is edible and hasn’t been sprayed with any pesticides.
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 50mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 12mg
NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY AND DO NOT INCLUDE CARBS FROM SUGAR ALCOHOLS.